Ernest Haviland, 76, of New Haven passed away on Tuesday, June 4, 2013. He was born on March 13, 1937 to William and Marie (Striker) Haviland.
He was raised in Geneva, graduated from Geneva High School, and went on to the US Army during the Korean War.
He is survived by a daughter, Teresa Haviland of Florida.
He was preceded in death by his parents; sister, Lorene Childress; and three brothers, Warren George, Carl (Gene), and Donald Haviland.
By request, there will be no visitation or services.
- Defense rests in Tyler White murder trial
- Monroe Township Advisory Board reviews recent library votes
- 4-H Fair creates extra energy in 2014, says Rumschlag
- Dalrymple, Liechty claim first race titles
- Taylors presented special flag during Swiss Days
- Local students and teacher learn lessons through Ugandan school
- 2013 will be year of phasing out for Bearcreek Farms
- Plan Commission addresses concerns about wind turbines
- Geneva designated as state’s first Bird Town by Audubon
- Falk brings special flag home to Adams Central
- Strauss resigns as SA Elementary principal
- Lehman learns many lessons during trip to Haiti